Offered on: July 2, 7, 9, 11, 14, 16, 18, 21, 23, 25, 28 and 30, 2014. 1:00 p.m. — 4:00 p.m.
The July Advisory Days program assists rising high school seniors in preparing for various aspects of the college admissions process. The three-hour program includes:
- an information session
- a campus tour
- an essay writing and interviewing seminar
During the interview and essay writing seminar (a unique feature of this program), some of the topics that will be explored include an explanation of the purpose and types of interviews, discussion of sample interview questions, tips on ways to prepare for an interview, an outline of what Admissions is looking for in an essay, tips on piquing an essay reader’s interest, as well as a discussion of the types of essays/sample essay questions.
This is the ideal opportunity to ask any questions about the college search and admission process. Preregistration is not required. The program will be held in the Rehm Library, located in Smith Hall. For directions to the Admissions Office see: http://admissions.holycross.edu/directions-and-hotel-information
What others had to say:
High school students and parents who participated in last year’s July Advisory Days Program had this to say about their experience:
- "By taking this program, I walked away with a much greater knowledge of the entire admissions process. Out of the other schools I attended later that week, none had thoroughly covered the essay and interview as well as Holy Cross had. The speaker at the workshops was very friendly and easily answered any questions that were asked. This was a worthwhile program and I'm glad that I had taken it."
- "It should be stressed that this is something that the student should not miss."
- "Overall, it was a great day and very informative. The admissions counselors were enthusiastic and knowledgeable. I feel much more prepared to handle the essays and interviews involved in the college application process after attending the July Advisory Day. I also received a great impression of Holy Cross and definitely plan on applying in the fall."
- "I felt that the July Advisory Days was a great program. No other college has offered anything like it (that I am aware of). It was definitely helpful with the information it offered about the essay/interview. Don't change a thing!"
- "Even though I am still very intimidated by the whole college application process, for an hour or so, I felt more positive about the experience. The support and encouragement of the staff was evident, and the cookies and lemonade didn't hurt either!"
- "This was the most informative and complete college program I have seen."
- "Thanks for a great program. I'm glad we made the trip."
- “It was really great. I wish more schools offered it. I especially enjoyed the interview and essay workshop - the information made them seem not so 'impossible' and not as big of a deal and helped me understand exactly what I should be concentrating on. So, overall it was fantastic and I would definitely recommend it!”